SHANNON M. FLOOD
Email: sfloodpe@gmail (dot) com
-Bachelor of Science in Education Anticipated May 2014
-State University of New York at Cortland, Cortland, New York
-Major: Physical Education K-12 GPA: 3.42/4.0
- Clarkstown High School South Class of 2010
- Regents Diploma
- Field Experience: Elementary Physical Education Spring 2012
St. Mary's Elementary, Cortland, New York
~ Led activities for children in grades K-6
~ Obtained knowledge of student discipline, planning, organization, and classroom management.
RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
-Lifeguard At SUNY Cortland Present
~ Watch over adults and college students that swim in the pool at SUNY Cortland. I make sure that everyone is safe and following all the rules.
- Camp Venture Lifeguard and Swim Instructor 2009-Present
~ Look after children who have special needs while they swim and participate in water activities. I make sure that they are safe and that they are following all the rules. I also give children swim lessons before and after camp.
-Clarkstown Soccer Referee 2007-2009
~ After completing the mandatory referee classes, I refereed youth soccer games, ensuring that all rules were followed and the game was played fairly with good sportsmanship by the kids and the coaches. In addition I had to keep track of the time clock.
OTHER WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Bath and Body Works 2011-Present
~ Assist costumers when they have questions or when they need help finding something in the store. I also am responsible for money.
-Teacher Assistant at Riverview Nursery School, Nyack, New York 2008-Present
-SUNY Cortland Mini Conference for Innovative Physical Education 2010
-Relay For Life Participant 2010-2012
-Dean's List, SUNY Cortland Fall 2010-Present
-Honor Roll, Clarkstown High School South 2007-2010
-Academic Award, Clarkstown High School South in 2010
-Clarkstown South Sports Award: 11 Varsity Letters & 12 Seasons of Service 2010
- Presidential Physical Fitness Award 2008-2010
- Girl Scout Bronze and Silver Award 1997-2008
- New York Professional Coaching Certification Anticipated May 2014
- American Red Cross Certified Lifeguard Training Valid through 2012
- American Red Cross Certified Infant, Child and Adult CPR Valid through 2012
- American Red Cross Certified First Aid Valid through 2012
- American Red Cross Certified AED essentials Valid through 2012
- Schools Violence Prevention and Intervention Workshop (S.A.V.E) 2010
- Child Abuse Recognition and Reporting Workshop (C.A.R.R) 2012
- VIRTUS: Child & Youth Protection Program 'Protecting Gods Children' for Adults
- Certified Soccer Referee
- New York State Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance (NYSAHPERD)
- SUNY Cortland Alliance of Physical Education Majors
- Intramural Broom Ball
- Intramural Volleyball
- References Available Upon Request.
My Resume (Document): CLICK HERE!